Pages

Monday, August 19, 2013

The Recycle Bin is Corrupted.

When I Use to delete files, I got the following error message. I cannot Empty the recycle bin. 
The Recycle Bin on C:\ is Corrupted. Do you want to empty the Recycle Bin for this drive? YES or NO

Problem is   I cannot Empty the recycle bin. 

When I click Yes I get:
The file name(s) would be too long for the destination folder. You can shorten the file names and try again, or try a location that has a shorter path. or Cannot Access Recycle Bin.

 If I Click No the message goes away until next time I either reboot, try to access the Recycle bin or delete files.
--------------------------------------


Go to the command prompt, as a administrator.

C:\>rd /s c:\$Recycle.bin
c:\$Recycle.Bin, Are you sure (Y/N)? y (hit enter)
C:\>

Then try to empty the recycle bin  by right click on the recycle bin



0 comments:

Post a Comment